Date: March 30 & 31, 2 day class, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Whether you’re a beginner anxious to give scratchboard a try, or have a lifetime of scratching behind you, this 2 day workshop is for you! Judy Fairley, longtime local and national artist, will help you expand your artistic horizons!
She will introduce you to: the tried and true scratchboard tools, plus a few new ones,
help you you express many different textures,
teach how to mix repair inks and fix mistakes,
instruct how to add color to both scratchboard and clayboard,
review the do’s and don’ts of spraying to best seal and protect your work,
and, finally, teach all about your framing options.
Join us and enjoy becoming a lifelong scratcher!
1) 2 black scratchboards and 2 clayboards
2) Transfer papers in black and white.
3) Scratchboard tool, #11 exacto knife.
4) Small watercolor brush
5) Paper towels
6) Soft, cotton cloth (old t-shirt is perfect)
7) If you have them, colored translucent (not opaque) inks. (Judy will have some in class for you to try)
Judy will supply the 5 x 7 scratchboards and clayboards plus scratching tool for an additional $25, paid in class.